10.23.2010

okay

Best Breakfast Ever. So much fruityness!
Pandora has just started playing Opeth ♥ (Harlequin Forest is one of my favoritesssss) and Jon called already and I've sorted all my Immediate-Knitting into a basket to camp next to on the couch for the next several hours.
Following breakfast I'll be hanging out on the couch watching American Splendor and Are You Afraid of the Dark (season 3), knitting like mad. It would be painfully easy to finish Angela's penis today, so I think I'll do that first. Mine just needs a new keyring put on it. I'd love to have a new, nice one with the new pattern my head made up, but I kind of really love my old, scratchy, fisherman's wool, flaming red penis. And it's precisely the size of a tube of VS lipgloss. :)
I might opt for no-electric-lights-night again tonight, I really love the candlelight and I think it's better for my birds to not be kept up all hours of the night. I've also scheduled my Halloween Candy Purchasing Expedition, which I'm excited for. Not because I love candy, just because I've never stayed home to hand any out before and I'm pumped for that.
Anyway. Breakfast has reached the crucial peel-your-orange stage and that's a pretty involved job. So I'm off to peel orange and drink coffees and knit like a crazy lady.

^^

All that noise happened many, many hours ago. 12 of them, or something. I managed to do *almost* everything I had wanted to do today. I bought too much damn candy, fixed my cashmere mistake, finished all the pricks in the house, and if I had to guess I'd say that I've knit at least 9 inches into the body of Madison's sweater (since I am only trying to reach 16 before I split for the arms that's pretty kickass). I'm almost entirely done with the front panel of my mohair sweater, though I hate knitting on such heavy needles. Super sucks, but quick kniiiit.
I dyed 500 grams of roving. Three shades of mottled brown, Ghostbuster's bathtub slime pink, and robin's egg blue. So that's exciting. I've decided that two of these hanks of sock yarn will be for (my first) lace shawl, Odin's hank will, of course, become socks, and the other sock yarn will be... socks. :) I think they'll be vanilla kneesocks; they are vareigated and I hate that for cables, and I am just not too keen on harsh vareigations in my lace.
Vanilla kneesocks would be niiiice, though, to knit both at once and to be able to knit at work, while walking, and while watching new movies.
I hate knitting complex patterns when I've not seen a movie before... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

words: