11.14.2010

i've heard about you

In the light of a complete lack of suitable legwarmer patterns, I guess I shall have to make my own.
Granted, all the patterns I've found are great for dance or yoga, or for using luxe yarn and wearing with a slip dress, but I want big, comfy, slouchy legwarmers that I can put fairisle hearts in maybe? I love hearts.
So here I go to measure and swatch and ♥love♥love♥love♥ my wool a bit. I love my wool.

Time to sketch! Whee!

I've been lazy as hell all day long.
Ok, "all day" is two and a half hours.
I made some french toast, even though I have no such table to eat upon. So I bundled it all onto my tea tray and took it to the couch for some necessary Twin Peaks time.
All of this stuff didn't fit very well onto my tea tray. I wound up spilling half a cup of tea onto said tray, but I have my lovely woolen crocheted tray liner ;) to take care of that sort of crap hahaa.

I'm also in the process of a Massive Wool Harvest. I got this vintage German men's wool sweater for $6 at Goodwill... And I'm in love. It was sewn together with thread the exact color of the yarn and it's a little worn, so it makes frogging it really hard. But for this much yarn I will gladly spit-splice countless ends together ♥
You can see how it's just chilling in the midst of packing... Every so often I rip some more out and make a little mini-hank to toss onto my vanity. Whee! The yarn is warm and scratchy and sheddy and I adore it.
Anyway, I'm gonna get going. To measure and swatch and measure and love, and chart and love, and cast on. I've got about 9 hours to go until work sets in; bathtime, knitting, tea, Twin Peaks, and ♥♥♥.

No comments:

Post a Comment

words: